SC State Campus Textbook Adoption
Textbook Adoption Submission Deadlines
- April 15th – Fall Semester Course Adoption Deadline
- October 15th – Spring Semester Course Adoption Deadline
- March 15th – Summer Semester Course Adoption Deadline
- If we have low sell-through for textbooks after a month of classes starting, we will have to return them back to the publisher.
- If we sell out of books, we always reorder additional copies and encourage students to reserve their copies in the bookstore.
- We no longer base our ordering strategies on class enrollment; instead, we focus on the units sold the previous semester to avoid overstocked textbooks.
- The Bookstore needs notification if the same book is readopted for a different semester. We can HOLD the Adoption and avoid shipping overstocked books to the publisher in the middle of the semester.
Textbook Adoption Procedures
- Email: Send an email to the Bookstore. The Bookstore Manager is always available to assist faculty. We can provide you with a Course Adoption Form or Hold for Adoption Form.
- Visit the SC State Bookstore website
- Go to BOOKS at the top navigation and under the information heading, click ONLINE ADOPTIONS
- Are you a NEW USER?
- Register for a new account and complete the required fields.
- Enter 0035 in the Bookstore Supplied Password field.
- If you prefer a Printed Paper Copy of your previous term information, one will be provided upon your request.
Store Manager – Monique Nerestan
Course Material Manger – P. J. Neat
P. 803-536-7095 F. 803-531-4661