The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Extended Studies (CTLES) is accepting applications for the spring and summer 2017 Faculty Development Travel Grant program. The purpose of this travel grant is to provide professional development opportunities for junior level faculty to attend conferences on improving teaching effectiveness and scholarly productivity that would enhance their ability to successfully pursue tenure and promotion. A limited amount of funds are available to support faculty attendance at professional conferences.
1. Must be a junior level faculty member at SC State University.
2. Attendees must agree to conduct a faculty development presentation for the CTLES during the 2017-2018 academic year if requested.
3. Travel reimbursement form, and “Title III Professional Meetings” form must be submitted within 7 days after the conference to the CTLES Office, Belcher Hall, Room 348.
1. Complete the attached Faculty Development Travel Funding Request form.
2. Attach a one-page essay describing the expected gains from the conference and impact on teaching and learning at SC State University.
3. Submit all application materials to (Belcher Hall, Room 348 or email email@example.com). Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline will not be
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5:00pm EST, Monday, March 6, 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS – Awards will be announced no later than Monday, March 20, 2017.
TRAVEL MUST BE COMPLETED BY – August 1, 2017
For additional information, please contact Mrs. Sharon Goodwin, Center for Teaching, Learning and Extended Studies.