Center for Teaching, Learning, and Extended Studies
The Center for Teaching, Learning, and Extended Studies (CTLES) provides South Carolina State University faculty with support, professional development opportunities and advocacy to enhance teaching and learning. Additionally, CTLES extends the educational outreach of the university to support quality learning experiences for citizens of South Carolina and beyond.
2017-2018 CTLES Accomplishments
- The CTLES sponsored the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Faculty Development Institutes. The Fall 2017 Institute featured Mr. Leonard Geddes, owner of The LearnWell Projects, as the keynote speaker.
- The Online Course Development Lab initiative was implemented to promote the development of quality online and hybrid courses.
- A new team-based model for development of fully online programs was implemented that included the use of external subject matter experts partnered with full-time faculty and an instructional designer.
- A total of 6,598 students (duplicated number) was served in the Assessment Center. A total of 300 online exams were proctored.
- The total of 73 faculty have completed the eFellows Online Teaching Certificate course which exams best practices and techniques for facilitating online learning.
- The CTLES initiated the process to transition the administration of Blackboard from UCITS to CTLES.
- The SC State iCore initiative was launched to increase the number of fully online General Education Courses.